Class IV Timberline impact-resistant ArmorShield II roofing shingles. They may even save money on insurance premiums in certain areas!
ArmorShield II Roofing Shingles outfit a roof with a shield of armor to protect your home and family from adverse weather conditions.
TIMBERLINE ARMORSHIELD II ROOFING SHINGLES COLORS AVAILABLE IN THESE BEAUTIFUL COLORS FOR TAMPA, TAMPA BAY, BRANDON, ST. PETE, CLEARWATER, SARASOTA AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES
Timberline® ArmorShield II Roofing Shingles combine the beauty of Timberline®Shingles with the extra protection of a Class 4 impact-resistant shingle. Plus, they may qualify for insurance discounts.*
*Insurance discounts may not be available in your area. Where available, insurance discounts may vary. Contact your insurance provider for information.
ArmorShield II Roofing Shingles Offer You These Great Benefits:
Potential Insurance Savings...
These shingles pass the UL 2218 Class 4 Impact Test, and may qualify for insurance discounts*. Each shingle is labeled with special information needed to qualify for premium discounts according to the requirements of the Texas Department of Insurance. (* Insurance discounts may not be available in your area. Where available, insurance discounts may vary. Contact your insurance provider for information.)
Excellent Wind Performance...
Meets Class F wind rating from Underwriters Laboratories—the highest rating possible. Dura Grip™ Adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand maximum wind gusts of up to 130 mph!(** This wind coverage requires special installation; see GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for details.)
Passes UL 2218 Class 4, UL’s toughest impact test (shingles show no evidence of cracks or ruptures on front or back of shingle immediately after impact). Compare to “standard” shingles, which may have ruptures or cracks visible on the front or back of the shingle immediately after large hail impact.
Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology, which reduces the use of natural resources while providing excellent protection.
Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae.
Peace Of Mind...
Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice®Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first ten years.
Ridge Cap Shingles...
Use our Seal-A-Ridge® IR, UL 2218 Class 4 Ridge Cap Shingles. They’re a unique color match to GAF Impact-Resistant Shingles.
ArmorShield II Roofing Shingles meet the highest impact-resistance rating…
GAF IR Shingles meet the highest impact-resistance rating… The UL 2218 Impact Test was developed in conjunction with insurance industry leaders. It’s based on dropping a 2” (51 mm) steel ball from 20’ (6 m) onto the top of a shingle to see whether the shingle cracks (see illustration below). GAF IR Shingles pass Class 4—the highest rating possible
What you should also know about the UL 2218 impact test:
• Forceful Impact… The test evaluates the shingles’ ability to withstand high-velocity impact.
• Potential Leaks… When subject to high impact, shingles that pass this test are more likely to prevent leaks into your home.
• No Warranty Improvement… GAF’s warranty does not cover hail damage even for shingles that pass this test.
Timberline® ArmorShield II Roofing Shingles
- Passes UL 2218 Impact Test with
Class 4 rating (highest possible)
- SBS modified asphalt formula for flexibility and impact resistance
- Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty
- Fiberglass asphalt construction
- Size: 13 1/4″ x 39 3/8″ with 5 5/8″ exposure
- StainGuard® Protection*
- UL 790 Class A fire rated
- Classified in accordance with AC438
- ASTM D7158 Class H
- ASTM D3018 Type 1
- ASTM D3161 Class F
- ASTM D3462 ((Periodically tested by independent and internal labs to ensure compliance with ASTM D3462 at time of manufacture.)
- Approx. 64 Pieces/Sq.
- Approx. 3 Bundles/Sq.
- Approx. 256 Nails/Sq.
- Florida Building Code approved
- Texas Dept. of Insurance approved
- ICC approved
* See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles and accessories are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. Lifetime Ltd. Warranty on accessories requires the use of at least three qualifying GAF accessories and the use of Lifetime Shingles.
Ridge Cap Shingles
- Passes UL 2218 Impact Test with Class 4 rating (highest possible)
- SBS modified asphalt formula
- Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty**
- Fiberglass asphalt construction
- 5″ Exposure
- Size: approximately 12″ wide
- UL 790 Class A Fire Rated
- StainGuard® Protection
- Florida Building Code Approved
- ICC approved
- 4 Bundles cover approximately 100 lineal feet
- Approximately 2 nails per piece
- Approximately 60 pieces/bundle
** See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
TIMBERLINE ARMORSHIELD II ROOFING SHINGLES GALLERY
***We proudly service residential and commercial properties in Tampa, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Brandon, Sarasota and surrounding Florida cities.